Get Moving With Your Tacoma Movers
All moves that are fewer than 150 miles from Tacoma are considered local and based on an hourly rate. PNW movers require a three-hour minimum charge and carries a 15 minute increment charge policy for all local moves. Hourly rates vary depending on the crew size required and calendar date (check our moving cost estimator). Rate will include movers and fully equipped truck with dollies, tools and full line of boxes.
And the best part? At PNW Moving and Delivery, LLC do not charge for the use of moving pads and tape in order to protect your furniture, and there are no fees for mileage and tolls.
Our Local Moving Process
Move Time starts once movers arrive at your origin address and ends when movers finish unloading at the destination address. Our process factors in this equation:
• Job Time = Move Time + Travel Time. Travel Time – time added to Move Time in order to compensate for time spent traveling from our terminal to the shipper’s point of origin, and the return trip from destination to the terminal. 30 minutes minimum of Travel Time.
• Making a request – to book a move with PNW Moving and Delivery, LLC please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Get a quick moving estimate on our website. This step takes less than 30 seconds and gets you in our system, while providing you with estimate, based on database average for generally similar moves.
- Step 2: Submit a completed request, so that we can provide you with a more accurate estimate and check our availability for your move. We strive to send out all estimates within 24 hours. Please expect an additional day for all weekend requests. Once we update your information, and if the day is available.
- Step 3: You will now have an option to confirm your request. To book a move with PNW Moving and Delivery, LLC you should make a one (1) hour deposit and receive a confirmation email from our office. This email is important because it’s a proof of your reservation with us and also provides you with some very important information regarding your move and PNW Moving and Delivery, LLC policies.
What does your move start time mean? If you have scheduled a morning appointment arrival time sometime between 8 a.m. to 10 a.m., then your moving crew should arrive at the scheduled time (most times they are a few minutes early). If your move is scheduled for a late morning or an afternoon time slot, then we have provided you with an estimated 3-4 hour window for your start time.
However, due to the fact that the crew will be coming after an earlier move, this estimated time is subject to change. Once the crew finishes their first job(s) and get back to our terminal, we will call to let you know more precise arrival time. We do not expect you to sit around waiting for your movers for hours, but we do ask that you please remain flexible on your move day. If it becomes evident that your crew is running late for the day PNW Moving and Delivery, LLC will call to let you know. The most common reason for a delay is incorrect or incomplete information provided by a customer. This is why your confirmation email asks that you double check your inventory list and let us know if there are any changes at least twenty four (24) hours before your move.
We also need to know if any item(s) require significant disassembly. If the movers show up to a move and find that they are now being asked to move four extra pieces of furniture and 15 additional boxes, then they will finish their move later than anticipated. If a wall unit has dozens of pieces of hardware and requires 40 minutes of disassembly then the movers will be behind schedule. Every extra item or service takes time, and while we are happy to assist you with whatever you need we do ask that you provide us with that information beforehand to avoid inconveniencing other customers.
Local Moving Quote Requests
PNW Moving and Delivery Movers reserve the right:
- To choose the number of movers needed for each job, depending on our current schedule, availability, weather conditions etc., while meeting the expectations of the customer.
- To send additional men and/or truck, if we anticipate your job will require additional time or services.
**Additional charges will apply accordingly (check our pricing page). Please note, that additional movers will not significantly change your final bill, as the move itself proceeds more efficiently with additional movers.
Example (2 Bedroom Apartment with Living Room):
- 2 movers x 4-5 hrs. (@$105/hr.) = $420 – $525
- 3 movers x 3-3.5 hrs. (@135/hr.) = $405-$472.5
- 4 movers x 2.25-2.75 hrs. (@$175/hr.) = $393.75-$481.25
For local moves in Tacoma or Seattle, you must pay in full at completion of the move. Unless otherwise arranged, payment for labor only is due in full at the end of the job by cash or check. We accept credit cards (VISA/MC/DISCOVER/AMEX) for any move less than $2,500.
Labor Only Services
We charge the same hourly rate for labor-only moves as our regular moves. Even though you do not need a truck for your service, we usually send one anyway. The truck is not only the source of the transportation for our team to get to your address; it is also fully equipped with all the necessary tools and equipment that movers might need to make service on a professional level and without any troubles. On the truck, our movers have all sizes of boxes, tape, shrink-wrap, mattress bags, ratchet straps, dollies, and ramps and of course, all the necessary tools, required for disassembly of any furniture. It is obvious that the move goes more efficient time-wise with the right equipment, not to mention that sometimes it is impossible to provide the service without right gadget and tools.
We can provide all of the moving labor necessary to load and unload your moving truck or POD. Whether you rent a U-Haul, Penske, Ryder, Enterprise, or Budget, you can enjoy a professional move without the price… and the strain! PNW Moving and Delivery, LLC will meet you and load and/or unload your truck! This service is also available for ABF, U-Pack trailers, Door-To-Door and PODS storage containers.
Renovating or remodeling your home? Preparing for event and need furniture moved or rearranged? Simply need help moving furniture and other weighty items? Let the Top Rated Local® Tacoma movers at PNW Moving and Delivery handle the job. Whether you need to move one item or an entire room, we will do as much or as little as needed — and with the same premium level service as when you’re changing addresses. Don’t risk damaging not only your home’s floors and walls, but also potentially your own body when it’s time to transform a room into an office or re-positioning high-end furniture or irreplaceable art.
Single Item Move
It could be anything. But whatever it is, the item you need to move is just too much for you. That is why PNW Moving and Delivery, LLC will come out and take on the task. If you have one item that need to be moved around town – we can help. We offer lower minimum charge (only two hours minimum, including travel time) to make single item moves more affordable.
Contact our Tacoma local moving company today to get started.